About Me

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Stillness

Inhale to find stillness, Exhale to release tensions from mind, body and soul. Today, I asked for stillness on my mat and I found it; even though it was only for moments at a time, I was able to step back and find a quiet acceptance of my practice even when I was frustrated. After I got out of class, I hit every red light on the way home. I wasn't happy about this. Then, it sunk in, I laughed at myself for almost missing it. At the third red light, I was still, calm, quiet, thankful for the opportunity to take my yoga off of my mat.


We learn lessons everyday and sometimes we can't even see them.
 

Inhale to find stillness, Exhale to release tension from mind, body, and soul. Our lives are busy, frustrating, and moving too fast.  Breathe in. It happens automatically, I know, but really make yourself take a breath in, then hold it. Take the time to bask in this stillness. Exhale, let go of what happens next, wait and just be.

Holding this space for yourself will revitalize you. It will enable you to listen to, and honor your body. It will enable you to hear your heart when it speaks to you, or ask for direction when it doesn't. When you are here miracles happen, life opens, and we can absorb life's lessons.

"Your center is a place you can trust. It connects the body, mind, heart, and soul. It connects truth, your inner voice, and the Divine. Your best work comes from there. Your most loving times come from there. Your insights, awareness, and guidance come from being there, at that place. Your best decisions and finest moments come from that place."

                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment